Theatre Organist: Ashley B. Miller
ORGANIST AND FRIEND
1918 - 2006
World-renowned organist, Ashley Miller passed into eternity on March 20, 2006 after a good life and an extraordinary career. Known to most people as one of the most talented and leading organists in the country and in many other parts of the world, he was also a gifted composer and arranger. His music is sought after by professionals who use his arrangements in their concerts and by ordinary musicians who strive to achieve some of the musical structures that he mastered. He played most every important organ and in venues from theatres, concert halls, churches, arenas, pizzerias, and atriums of office buildings.
Ashley was husband and father, and to many people, he was a friend. He encouraged, taught and entertained us. And, he was always in the midst of a party- enjoying every opportunity to socialize and if he sat at a keyboard, the moment he played his opening chord, the room would fall silent. His presence was distinct and enormous.
Over the years, Ashley Miller concertized, gave workshops, consulted with organ restoration projects and provided musical education to members of GSTOS. Now, we will offer a grateful Thank You for the good fortune that we experienced having him in our midst for so long.
On Saturday evening, October 14, 2006, at 7:00 we will gather in formal tribute to Ashley and to his music. Open to guests who wish to hear about highlights of Ashley Miller’s life and his distinctive playing. Also, musical and spoken tributes will be offered from ATOS members, organists and people who knew Ashley from around the world. Members of GSTOS are invited to speak or submit a reminiscence about their recollections of Ashley.
The Miller Family will be present and will make a formal announcement regarding the establishment of an Ashley Miller Annual Memorial Concert. The intention is to establish an ongoing fund that will sponsor one concert annually which will be named in Ashley’s honor. Those wishing to make donations toward this Memorial will be given details at the time of the Memorial Service. Further announcements will appear in future editions of the GSTOS newsletter, "Pedals and Pipes".
3/4 Kilgen sounding like a 4/20 at Ashley's hands (Unofficial 81st Birthday Party). March, 1999
March 22, 1918 (Brooklyn, NY) - March 20, 2006
Ashley Miller has been enamoured with the theatre organ ever since his first encounter with it, at the age of twelve. His first appearance as an organist was on the organ in the Leonia Theatre, Leonia, NJ where he played kids shows and intermissions. He also played a 3 manual Welte-Mignon organ in the Plaza Theatre, Englewood, NJ
As a student at the Juilliard School of Music, Ashley studied organ four years and studied conducting three years.
1939 series of Sunday morning organ concerts on the Fifth Ave Aeolian-Skinner pipe organ broadcast on WQXR radio. Also worked at WBNX playing programs of popular music on the pipe organ in their studio. At the New York World's Fair, he played an early model Hammond for the IBM exhibit.
1946 after completing military service, he was appointed organist of the New York Society of Ethical Culture playing a Hope-Jones organ.
1946 he started as organist at Radio City Music Hall. for seven years. In 1948 he started his own trio (guitar, drums, and organ) which was featured at the Park-Sheraton Hotel, NYC and broadcast over the CBS network. He also appeared in the famous Peocock Alley of the Waldort-Astoria.Returned to RCMH in 1950 and played there until Jan 1956.
1966 Ashley started playing organ for soap operas such as "Love of Life", "The Secret Storm" and "Search For Tomorrow". He was organist and music director for CBS's show "Search For Tomorrow" from 1969 to May 1974. The original theme music "Signature for Search for Tomorrow" was written by Ashley.
Classical credits include an Associate Degree from the American Guild of Organists.
Ashley Miller has defined a style that is so distincive, that you can't help but comment, "Unmistakably Ashley". The intros an endings wend their way through tortuous chord changes and leave you breathless but hunger for more. In between you'll find the playful, inventive style that leaves the original intent of the composer intact but adds a complexity that reveals new dimensions. Again, "Unmistakably Ashley"
As official organist of the New York Knicks and the Rangers he has enertained thousands in Madison Square Garden. Musical Director and organist for "Search for Tomorrow" he was heard by millions of television viewers. Ashley Millers credits as a classical artist include performances with the New York Philharmonic, The London Philharmonic and, under Leopold Stokowski, the American Symphony Orchestra. He can also be heard on more than a dozen recordings.
Ashley Miller was the first staff organist at the Toronto Organ Grinder pizza parlor. (theatreorgans-L Tue, 05 Jan 1999)Ashley was a skilled composer arranger and organist who approached the keyboard with the verve and deftness of a master-colourist handling his palette. Ashley’s talent with registration, combined with gorgeous chords and transitions, created distinctly beautiful arrangements. There was a similarity in the ease with which he evoked a musical spectrum from the classic mode to the pop idiom. One minute the music blares forth "like the Flying Dutchman with sails billowing before the wind" -- a great throbbing beat pacing the melody -- only to drop into a pastorale of delicate beauty. Younger listeners were also not disappointed with his renditions of their favorite "hit" selections. Ashley was a willing teacher and his classes provided many organists with valuable insight. The greatest motivator he left us was his recorded music – when you hear it, you hear true musical genius. Thank you Ashley for setting the bar so high.
ATOS Organist of the Year Award
ATOS Hall of Fame - 1983
ATOS Board of Directors from 1981-1985 and again from 1987-1989.
ATOS Conventions 1970, 1971, 1976, +++ ??
* The Coming of the King; The Story of the Nativity. [Sound recording] Text by Norman Vincent Peale. Published/Created: [n.p.] Columbia ML 5165. [195-] Related Names: Peale, Norman Vincent, 1898- The coming of the King. Wayne, David. Hunter, Ralph. Miller, Ashley B. Gothic Choir. Description: p. 1 s. 12 in. 33 1/3 rpm. microgroove. Notes: Columbia masterworks. David Wayne, narrator; Gothic Choir; Ralph Hunter, conductor; Ashley Miller, organ.
"THE COMING OF THE KING." Narration is provided by David Wayne with
music by Don Gillis. Record has white and gray "Demonstration" 6-eye
labels on both Side One and Two. ARTIST: Narration by David Wayne.
Music by Don Gillis. Ralph Hunter conducting the Gothic Choir. Organ:
Ashley Miller. The "Columbia Carolers" perform carols on Side Two.
TITLE: "THE COMING OF THE KING: The Story of the Nativity by Norman
Vincent Peale - Christmas Carols" (Columbia Records ML-5165)
Side 1: The Coming Of The King: The Story Of The Nativity
Side 1: Silent Night, Holy Night, Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, O Little Town Of Bethlehem, God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen, The First Nowell, Deck The Hall, It Came Upon The Midnight Clear, Good King Wenceslas, O Come All Ye Faithful, Joy To The World, The Coming Of The King
* The Radio City Music Hall Organ (LP Columbia CL 945) 1957
Side 1: Fantasie-Impromptu, Poeme, Flight of the Bumble Bee, Slavonic Dance No.10, Satyr Dance
Side 2: The Continental, Medley (Once in Love with Amy, My Darling My Darling), Serenade, The Piccolino, Yesterdays, Stranger in Paradise
Music for Peace and Meditation. Decca DL 8924. (Decca #DL78924)  12 in. 33 1/3 rpm. microgroove. Songs: Larghetto In A Flat Minor, Meditation, A Lovely Rose Is Blooming, My Heart Is Filled With Longing, Choral Prelude, Cantabile, Adagio, Prelude In B Flat Minor, Be Glad My Soul, Choral.
Ashley Miller playing the Wicks in the meeting house of the New York Society for Ethical Culture.
* The Famous Radio City Music Hall Organ (LP) 1960 Columbia or CBS Records # CS 8230 Stereo
Side 1: Poinciana, A Foggy Day, Indian Summer, Someone to Watch Over Me, Non Dimenticar
Side 2: Musetta's Waltz, Fascination, Czardas, Minute Waltz, Waltz Medley (Waltz from Count of Luxembourg, Gold and Silver Waltz, Merry Widow Waltz, Emperor Waltz, Vienna City of My Dreams)
??? Program [of flute and piano music. Sound recording] Published/Created: [n.p.] Golden Crest Records RE 7010.  Related Names: Pellerite, James. Miller, Ashley B. Description: p. 2 s. 12 in. 33 1/3 rpm. microgroove. Notes: Golden Crest recital series. Title from slipcase. James Pellerite, flute; Ashley Miller, piano. Program notes on slipcase. Contains works, original and arranged, by Poulenc, Mozart, Hue, Bournonville, Paganini, Debussy, and Popp.
flute and piano music [sound recording]
Publisher No. RE 7010 Golden Crest Records
Description 1 sound disc : 33 1/3 rpm., microgroove ; 12 in.
Performers James Pellerite, flute; Ashley Miller, piano.
Contents Info. Poulenc, F. Sonata for flute & piano.--Mozart, W. A. Sonata in F. maj. op.III #4 KV #13.--Hue, G. A. Fantasie.--Bournonville, A. Danse pour Katia.--Paganini, N. Caprice XXIII in E♭ major.--Debussy, C. Le petit berger.--Popp, W. Nachtigallen serenade.
* Detroit Theatre
Society Command Performances For Members Only Vol.2 (LP) June
5, 1962 "Caribe Joe"
An Evening For Members Only (LP) 1967
* Showtime! - An Historic Organ Recording.... The Last Recored Performance of the Magnificent Paramount Theater Organ starring Ashley Miller -(LP) Paramount Theater Organ, Command, R 33 881/RS 881 SD 1965 & 1967
Side 1: It's Almost Like Being In Love, Heather On The Hill, Thank Heaven For Little Girls, I Talk To The Trees, Gigi, Waltz At Maxim's
Side 2: Another Autumn, On The Street Where You Live, I Could Have Danced All Night, If Ever I Would Leave You, Get Me To The Church On Time
* The Famous Radio City Music Hall Organ (re-issue) (LP) 1971
* Entertainment Per Se (LP) HMR Productions, Inc. 1976
Side 1: Of Thee I Sing, Tidings of Joy, Ballade, You And The Night And The Music, Over And Over Again
Side 2: Trumpet Tune, Feelings, El Relicario, Deserted Farm, Cotton Fields, Caravan
* Spectacular Sounds from Radio City Music Hall (LP) Cabot label # CAB - 507 1977
Side 1: Slaughter On Tenth Avenue, Blue Moon, Masquerade, La Vie en Rose, Granada.
Side 2: It's De Lovely, Reflections In The Water, Ritual Fire Dance September Song, Vanessa
* Ashley Miller At the War Memorial (LP) HMR Productions, Inc. HMR-1061 1977
Side 1: Strike Up The Band, I Write The Songs, Pavanne, Street Of Dreams, Wives and Lovers, I Can't Get Started With You, On The Sunnyside of The Street
Side 2: Jing-a-Ling, Yellow Days, Humoresque, I Wish You Love, Stardust, Love, Serenata
Ashley Miller At Radio City (LP) 1978
Souvenirs of Melody Hill (E) (LP) 1980
The Radio City Music Hall Organ, Ashley Miller
Electronicaly Re-Recorded To Simulate Stereo. 1981 Edition. A CSP Label, CL-945.
Side 1: Fantasie-Impromtu, Poeme, Flight of the Bumble Bee, Slavonic Dance No. 10, Satyr Dance
Side 2: The Continental Medley; Once In Love With Amy, My Darling, Serenade, The Piccolino, Yesterdays, Stranger In Paradise
Organ Greats Double
LP. Aurum Records, 1982
Ashley Miller: The Song Is You; Jesse Crawford: Smile; Eddie Dunstedter: Open Your Eyes; Rex Koury: Here's That Rainy Day; Del Castillo: Peanut Vendor; Don Baker: Limehouse Blues; Rosa Rio: Forgotten Melody; Doreen Chadwick: Musetta's Waltz; Dick Leibert: Come Dance With Me; Ann Leaf: Inspiration; Gaylord Carter: The Perfect Song; Reg Foort: Blue Tango; Lance Luce: Summertime; Lee Erwin: Sherlock Junior; Ray Bohr: As Time Goes By.
* The Mighty Pipe Organ Plays Golden Favorites Ashley Miller (LP) - Reader's Digest Record 5 RD4A-123-5 J1RS-5509 1984 ( and cassette, 1929)
The Mighty Pipe Organ plays Golden Favorites, Readers Digest boxed set of 8 LPs, organists include Richard Purvis, Ashley Miller, Dick Liebert, William Davies, Billy Nalle and others; Organs include the Acolian Skinner at Symthony Hall in Boston, the Radio City Hall Organ, NYC, the Orbits Wurlitzer at the Senate Theater in Detroit, the Wanamaker Organ in Philly, and others.
Side 1 Long Island University: National Emblem March, Kashmiri Love Song, Sari Waltz, The Rosary, Medley A Stephen Foster Festival
Side 2 Renwick Recording Studio Organ, Jamaca, NY: On The Road To Mandalay, Andante Cantabile, Medley Italian Serenade, Elegie, Merry Widow Waltz, Climb Ev'ry Mountain
* Journey into Melody (CA, CD) Film Technology Company, Inc. FTC #2031, 1987
Journey Into Melody, Maybe You'll be There, Give Me the Simple Life, Our Waltz, My Baby Just Cares For Me, La Mer, You Make Me Feel So Young, A Little Love, A Little Kiss, Darn That Dream, Misty, No Bosame
* Pipe Organ Spectacular (CD) CBS Special Products 1987
Climb Ev'ry Mountain (Renwick Recording Studio Organ), On The Road To Mandaly (Renwick Recording Studio Organ)
Ashley Miller at the War Memorial (re-issue CA) 1990
* Unmistakably Ashley - At the Senate Theatre (CD, CA) Midnight Productions, Inc. 1992
From This Moment On, Lover Come Back To Me, Spanish Flea, Till, The Most Beautiful Girl In The World, Carioca, I Get A Kick Out Of You, Trees, Hungarian Dance No.5, Stella By Starlight, Take Five, You'll Never Walk Alone, ** Strike Up the Band, ** Contrasts in 3/4 Time (Our Waltz, Gravy Waltz, El Relicario), ** Liebestfreud, ** Musical Grab-bag (Girl Friend, Little Boat, Midnight Sun, Sing), ** Gershwin Finale (Facinating Rhythm, Liza, Of Thee I Sing) All selections previousyly released on "For Members Only" except Additional live material indicated with **
* The Famous Radio City Music Hall Organ (CD) Re-issue (LP #CS 8230) 1993 Sony Music Special Products A 23627
* Majesty of the Theatre Organ (CD, CA) organs including Radio City Music Hall. Organists Ashley Miller, Don Baker, Reginald Foort, more. Sony Special Product - #21764 December 1, 1995
Ashley's songs include: Beautiful Dreamer, My Old Kentucky Home, Oh Susanna
* Ashley Miller at the War Memorial (re-issue CD, CA) Midnight Productions, Inc. AM-WM-CD #MPI-042 1997
This CD has all LP songs plus additional material: Spring Medley (Easter Parade, April Love, Singing In The Rain, April Showers, Mountain Greenery)
* Holiday Music played by Ashley Miller At The Mighty Organ Of The Radio City Music Hall (LP) Mercury Records MG 20189
Picture of tree and statues on cover.
Side 1: Medley (Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, Jolly Old St. Nicholas), Jingle Bells, Medley (Silent Night, It Came Upon A Midnight Clear), White Christmas, Medley (Adeste Fideles, Joy To The World). Medley (God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Deck the Halls)
Side 2: The Christmas Song, Medley (We Three Kings, Good King Wenceslas), O Holy Night, The First Noel, Angels We Have Heard On High
* Merry Christmas Carols with Organ and Chimes by Ashley Miller Radio City Music Hall Wurlitzer 20TH Fox - FOX 3050 ~ 1962?
Side 1: Adeste Fideles, The First Noel, O Holy Night, It Came Upon A Midnight Clear, Joy To The World, Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, Deck The Halls, Silent Night
Side 2: What Child Is This, We Three Kings, O Christmas Tree, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, We Wish You A Merry Christmas, The Cherry Tree Carol, Here We Come A-Wassailing, The Chimes of Christmas
* Christmas Carols
with Organs and Chimes played on the Paramount Theater Organ by Ashley
Miller Command Records COM-33-K1 expressly produced for E.
Side 1: Adeste Fideles, The First Noel, Joy to the World, O Holy Night, O Little Town of Bethlehem, Deck the Halls
Side 2: Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, White Christmas, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, O Tannebaum, Silent Night.
Ashley Miller Radio City Music Hall Organ LP Record australian pressing
An Organ Recital SESAC C-1202 195? ????
Ashley Miller Lerner & Lowe Command Records ????
Songs Recorded By Other Organists after Ashley's Organ Arrangements
Organ Magic - Kenneth
Lane at the Mighty Palace Theatre Pipe Organ (LP) TOPS L-1707
Side 1: Once In A While, No Can Do, That's All, Thanks For The Memory, Serenata
Side 2: The Moon Was Yellow, Dancer In The Patio, La Comparsa, Miami Beach Rhumba, Merengue Mania
You're on My Mind - Kenneth Lane RKO Records - SLP1003
Side 1: Night & Day, You're Getting to be Habit with Me, Once in a While, No Can Do, That's All, Thanks for the Memory, On My Mind
Side 2: Serenata, La Comparsa, Miami Beach Rhumba, Merengue Mania, The Moon was Yellow, Dancer in the Patio, Jealousie.
???? Kenneth Lane LP from the RCMH studio. He had at least two from the studio organ. Spinorama. The KL was done on Time Records and is rather nondescript, as are the notes. ????
* Pop goes the Organ -
Don Allen -Time Records label
Recorded on a 3/ 14 Wurlitzer. Plaza Sound recording studio on the 7th floor of the Mucic Hall The organ now in storage.
Side 1: C'est si Bon, Misty, Give Me The Simple Life, Greensleeves, Hello Dolly, An Affair To Remember
Side 2: You Make Me Feel So Young, I Wish You Love, Everyboby Loves Sombody, I Feel Pretty, The Story Of Love, El Relicario
* Fantaisie-Impromptu (I'm Always Chasing Rainbows) - Jelani Eddington, Paramount at the 4/38 Wurlitzer at the Century II Convention Center RJE Productions 1999 (CD RJE 1458)
* Gigi, Waltz At Maxim's - (CD) Clark Wilson, Dickinson Theatre Organ Society Concert Recording June 9, 2001
* It's DeLovely - (CD) Intermission - Clark Wilson at the Ohio, Leo Klise & Clark Wilson Concert Productions 2001 CW101-CD
* Kurt Weill September Song De Sylva Brown & Henderson Inc, 1956
* Selection from
Oklahoma Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein, II De Sylva
Brown & Henderson Inc 1956 paperback
* Selection from Porgy and Bess. for all organs, spinet and large models arranged by Ashley Miller.; Gershwin Publishing Corp.23 p
* Selection from Porgy and Bess for Hammond Organ Ashley Miller; © 1956; 18 pages
* September Song for Hammond and Hammond Spinet Organs Ashley Miller; © 1956; 5 pages
* True Love, Cole Porter, 5 p Buxton Hill Music Corp. 1956
Around The World, Lyric by Harold Adamson, Music by Victor Young, arranged by Ashley Miller, Publisher: Victor Young Publications, 1957; 3 pages
* "GIGI" Selection for Hammond pre-set and Spinet Organs (or for Lowrey Organ) Arranged by Ashley Contains Gigi, The Night They Invented Champagne, I Remember It Well, Waltz At Maxims, Thank Heaven For Little Girls 15p Miller Mara-Lan Music Corporation 1957, 1958 & 1960
I Enjoy Being A Girl, Richard Rodgers, 3p Williamson Music, Inc. 1958 & 1959
* Evenings at Home for Hammond Organ Preset and Spinet Models New York NY: De Sylva Brown & Henderson Inc, 1959 22 p A Lovely Way To Spend An Evening, Ten Pretty Girls, Nevertheless, I Apologize,; Stay As Sweet As You Are, I See Your Face Before Me, September Song, Did You Ever See A Dream Walking, Love Thy Neighbor; May I?
Up Roses from "Gypsy" Jule Styne arranged by Ashley Miller 3
p., Chappell & Co. , Inc. 1959
* Rodgers & Hart for all organs arranged by Ashley Miller, copyright 1959. 24 pages. My Funny Valentine, Johnny One Note, I Could Write A Book, This Can't Be LoveI, I Didn't Know What Time It Was, Bewitched, The Lady Is A Tramp, Where Or When, Falling In Love With Love, There's A Small Hotel
* Small World, from "Gypsy" Chappell & Co. Inc., 1959
With My Eyes Wide
Open I'm Dreaming for Electronic Organ Arranged by Ashley
* The Regents March by Richard Rodgers. 4p. Williamson Music, Inc. Arranged for All Organs by Ashley Miller, A.A.G.O. 1961 & 1971
Continental Favorites for Hammond Preset and Spinet Organ ,
Including Spinet Models , M , M-100, L-100 Chappell and Co NY 1962
Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White, A Little Love, A Little Kiss, Beyond the Sea, Journey Into Melody, Symphony, Till, Darling JeVous Aime Beaucoup, Harbor Lights, Our Language of Love, April In Portugal
* More Evenings at Home
for Hammond Organs; Spinet and Large Models Desylva, Brown
& Henderson Inc. 1963
* BVC Song Hits for All Organs (with words) No. 1 arranged by Ashley Miller:
Misty; Holiday For Strings; You Make Me Feel So Young (from Three Little Girls in Blue); My Baby Just Cares For Me (from Whoopee); You'll Never Know (from Hello, Frisco, Hello); Give Me The Simple Life (from Wake up and Dream); Day In -Day Out; Love Me Or Leave Me (from Whoopee); I Can't Begin To Tell You (from The Dolly Sisters); Serenade In Blue; Sing Me A Song Of The Islands (from Song Of The Islands); Little White Lies (Bregman Vocco & Conn) softcover, [1965-] 48pp
* Wedding processional from "The Sound of Music" / music by Richard Rodgers; arranged by Ashley Miller. Miller, Ashley. Williamson Music : Distributed by H. Leonard Pub. Corp., [198-?], c1965. 5 p. ; 30 cm.
(Arranged by Ashley Miller, with registrations for all organs.)
© 1934, 1965 by Bregman, Vocco & Conn, Inc.
* BVC Song Hits for All
Organs (with words) No. 2 arranged by Ashley Miller:
This Could Be The Start of Something, And the Angels Sing, The More I See You, Maybe You'll Be There, Near You, Maken' Whooppee!, Darn That Dream, It's A Sin To Tell A Lie, Winter Wonderland, Fools Rush In, Our Waltz, I'd Love To Live In Loveland (Bregman Vocco & Conn) softcover,  pp 51
* Jet Stream - The
Mighty Theatre Organ--Original Organ Solos in Theatre Organ Stylings
by Don Baker, Jeff Barker, Al Bollington, Lee Erwin, Eddie Layton, Ann
Leaf, Allen R. Mills, Ashley Miller, Rosa Rio, Eddie Weaver, edited by
Lee Erwin, foreword by Ben M. Hall, 1969, Edward B. Marks Music
* Alan Jay Lerner & Frederick Loewe Album for All Organs (Spinet & Large Models) arranged by Ashley Miller:
On The Street Where You Live (from My Fair Lady); The Night They Invented Champagne (from Gigi); Thank Heaven For Little Girls (from Gigi); I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face (from My Fair Lady); They Call The Wind Maria (from Paint Your Wagon); Get Me To The Church On Time (from My Fair Lady); I Talk To The Trees (from Paint Your Wagon); With A Little Bit Of Luck (from My Fair Lady); Gigi (from Gigi); I Could Have Danced All Night (from My Fair Lady) (Chappell) softcover, 42pp
* Chappell's All Organ Series Book 2: Love Themes arranged by Louis Hollingsworth, Elmer Ihrke, Mark Laub & Ashley Miller:
* Superior All Organ
Special Arrangements by Howard Brubeck, Bill Irwin and Ashley Miller
Ashley Miller arranged: The Good Life, Stranger On The Shore, Green Fields, Washington Square, Somewhere Along The Way, Sixteen Tons
The Wonderful World of Broadway for all organs Volumes 1-5 Arranged by elmer Ihrke, Mark Laub, Ashley Miller and Russ Taylor 1970
50 GREAT STANDARDS For all organs Arrangements by Louis Hollingsworth, Elmer Ihrke, Mark Laub, Ashley Miller, Rosa Rio, & Russ Taylor Publisher: Chappell & Co., Inc. Publication date: 1970 Number of pages: 136 CONTENTS April in Portugal The best things in life are free Bewitched Come rain or come shine Comedy tonight Darling, Je Vous Aime Beaucoup Did you ever see a dream walking Do I love you Everything’s coming up roses Exodus A foggy day Georgy Girl Harbor Lights How are things in Glocca Morra How high the moon I can dream, can’t I? I could have danced all night I love Paris I talk to the trees If ever I would leave you If this isn’t love It all depends on you Just in time Life is just a bowl of cherries Love is here to stay Love walked in Make someone happy May I? My cup runneth over My funny valentine My heart belongs to daddy Nevertheless Nice work if you can get it On a clear day People September song Small world Stay as sweet as you are Strange music Summertime Sunny side up Symphony Ten pretty girls There’s a small hotel They can’t take that away from me Till Together Try to remember Where or when Young and foolish
* Theatre Organ Greats, A Salute to Radio City Music Hall, 1979, Bradley Publications. "The Song is You" arr. by Ashely Miller
Heard That Song
Before 5p 1988 Morley Music Co, Inc. & Cahn Music
* Edelweiss arranged by Ashley Miller Sheet Music Magazine Aug/Sept 1980 pg 26- 28
* You Needed Me arranged by Ashley Miller Sheet Music Magazine Aug/Sept 1980 pg 36-39
* I've Heard that Song Before (music by Jule Styne, words by Sammy Cahn), arranged by Ashley Miller - Sheet music magazine, The Music of Jule Styne Issue, January/February 1989
Kaleidoscope, 30 fabulous hits for all Organs, arr. by Mark Laub, Ashley Miller, Rosa Rio and others. Everything's Coming Up Roses, April in Portugal, The Call The Wind Maria, On The Street Where You Live, Love Walked In, Gigi, Blueberry Hill. 95 pages
Compiled by Paul Jacyk - Updated 12/26/06